Dr. Luis Pérez Pozo
Av. España 1680, Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile, 2390123.
Email: luis [dot] perez [at] usm [dot] cl
I have been always attracted by the multidisciplinary work of the mechanical engineering field.
My interests are centered on computational solid mechanics, meshless methods, nonlinear material behaviour, numerical and experimental characterization of metal foam. My recent research efforts have been related to developing a new methodology that combines both discrete element method (DEM) and finite element analysis (FEA) model for study the mechanical properties of metallic foams obtained by using the space holder technique. I have a B. Eng. and a Ph.D degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- New publication: Young’s modulus estimation for CNT reinforced metallic foams obtained using different space holder particles
- New publication: Estimation of elastic moduli of particulate-reinforcedcomposites using finite element and modified Halpin–Tsai models
- New publication: Optimization of welding parameters using a genetic algorithm: implementation in a robot arm assisted process
- New publication: DEM–FEA estimation of pores arrangement effect on the compressiveYoung’s modulus for Mg foams.
- Best Innovation or Technological Development Award 2015 (in Spanish link).
- Prof. Luis Pérez Pozo in Morelia, Mexico (in Spanish link).
- New publication: Simplified fractal FEA model for the estimation of the Young’s modulus of Ti foams obtained by powder metallurgy.
- Advanced Center for Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- The Advanced Center for Electrical and Electronic Engineering has started! (in Spanish link).
- B. Eng. Thesis about Interlaminar implant (in Spanish link).
- News GRAI (in Spanish link).
- Adjudication of FONDECYT grant (in Spanish link).