Prof. Luis Pérez Pozo is an Assistant Professor at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, in Valparaíso – Chile, since 2012. He received his degree in Mechanical Engineering -with honors- from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile, in 2003. Prof. Pérez Pozo received the Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile, in 2008.
He started his researcher career during his phd in mechanical engineering, in Chile, where he participed in his first ISI journal paper in 2007. Since then, Prof. Pérez Pozo has published several ISI journal papers. He has several publications in both the meshless methods and computational intelligence field.
His main research interests are:
- Computational solid mechanics
- Meshless methods
- Nonlinear material behaviour
- Numerical and experimental characterization of metal foam
- Computational intelligence
- 2002 – 2007: Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering .Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaiso.
Title of the Thesis:”Simulación numérica del comportamiento no-lineal de materiales utilizando
aproximaciones elásticas y el método sin malla de Puntos Finitos”
- 1997 – 2001: Mechanical Engineering . Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso, Valparaiso.
Title of the Thesis: “Optimización de proceso productivo en planta de cilindros para impresión